Whole-Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- Yields: 12 muffins
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 egg
- 1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, unrefined
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used vanilla unsweetened almond milk)
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Crushed pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In one bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mash the bananas, add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk together the whole-wheat flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir. Do not over mix, lumps in the batter are perfectly fine.
- Divide batter between the 12 muffin tins. Top with crushed pecans if desired.
- Bake muffins at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!